I am pretty rubbish when it comes to wrapping up my sewing year on time and setting my re-sew-lutions. It’s already February – what the heck happened to January?! Oh well… 🙂
After a disasterous start to my sewing year I set some re-sew-lutions, how did I do?:
- No plan? No worries! <Yes, but I also discovered that I love participating in challenges and sewing along with others
- More Sewing Meetups…MOAR! < Thanks to the WSBN this was EASY!
- No more crying over stupid patterns < Done!
- No imagined pressure, no imagined guilt < Yep!
- Lots of pretty dresses please < Oh yeah!
- Re-learn to enjoy photographing my FOs, have fun doing it < Absolutely!
- Maybe a bit of stash busting but I kind of do that anyway < Yes, but the Arthur Toye closing down sale helped fill in what I used, no stash guilt here 😉
What else happened in 2013?
I bought this little cutie, she’s still not running but that’s ok:
Harry joined us in late April, an early birthday present from NH. Later the vet confirmed that He was actually a She and Harry became Harriet, or Harri for short:
Harri is always ready to lend a paw in the sewing room:
In winter I picked up cross-stitch again, with a nerdy twist:
I updated my blog theme:
I was the last person in the world to join Instagram:
Overall in 2013 I enjoyed my sewing much more than I ever have.
How about 2014?
Firstly I should probably pledge to post by re-sew-lutions at the start of the new year…not one month into it 😉
- More fun sewing
- More Twisies (and Triplets and Quadruplets etc!)
- Keep it awesome at The Monthly stitch
- The WSBN are entering a team into the Wellington Colour Run!
- More cross-stitch
- MORE DRESSES because dresses are awesome.
- Try to make a some underwear: Underpants, a bra, maybe try a corset?
- RNHS (Requested Nerdy Husband Sewing): While cruising about my blog NH discovered my wardrobe page. After reading every RNHS post of 2012 he declared that he did not featured enough in 2013 – For 2014 he has requested more merinos, a hoodie and that I try making a business shirt based on his favourite French cuffed shirt. If the shirt is successful, trousers may be next on the cards.
- Decorate my sewing room:
I have started already with my Fashionary postcards by Vita Yang
- Continue to sew from the stash but I make no promides in regards to not buying more, I have no stash guilt 😉
On top of all that I have joined the RTW Fasters:
I’m really glad they included the bit about shoes not being included 😉
Happy New Year!