Archived Project: Ghostbuster – Halloween 2009

Nov 1, 2009

Description

This is the second costume I helped make for the Halloween party this year. For his Ghostbusters costume my fiancé Chris made his own “proton pack” and gun thingee and I made him the overalls. They are based on the KwikSew pattern 3389 also downloaded from sewingpatterns.com. Because we were so short of time and could not source the name badge or arm patch I ended up also making them. They aren’t super amazing up close but we had plenty of people fooled who didn’t believe that I made them myself so I’m happy with that. Throw in a few other items from Bunnings to finish it off and our host decided Chris’ costume was the winner 🙂 I’m glad we made such an effort. These overalls are a great pattern, difficult only in the amount of fabric you have to manoeuvre while sewing and Chris can still wear them for working in the garage.

Material Notes

Meters and meters of drill, left over drill for patches, zipper.

Credits

  • Fabric & Notions: Spotlight, Innaloo, WA
  • Pattern: KwikSew 3389 via sewingpatterns.com

I love comments so please feel free to say "hi" xx

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s