I am pretty rubbish when it comes to wrapping up my sewing year on time and setting my re-sew-lutions. It’s already February – what the heck happened to January?! Oh well… :)
After a disasterous start to my sewing year I set some re-sew-lutions, how did I do?:
- No plan? No worries! <Yes, but I also discovered that I love participating in challenges and sewing along with others
- More Sewing Meetups…MOAR! < Thanks to the WSBN this was EASY!
- No more crying over stupid patterns < Done!
- No imagined pressure, no imagined guilt < Yep!
- Lots of pretty dresses please < Oh yeah!
- Re-learn to enjoy photographing my FOs, have fun doing it < Absolutely!
- Maybe a bit of stash busting but I kind of do that anyway < Yes, but the Arthur Toye closing down sale helped fill in what I used, no stash guilt here ;)
What else happened in 2013?
I bought this little cutie, she’s still not running but that’s ok:
I pattern tested for Sewaholic, Lolita Patterns and Papercut Patterns:
Harry joined us in late April, an early birthday present from NH. Later the vet confirmed that He was actually a She and Harry became Harriet, or Harri for short:
Harri is always ready to lend a paw in the sewing room:
In winter I picked up cross-stitch again, with a nerdy twist:
Kat, Juliet and I launched The Monthly Stitch, come join us!:
I updated my blog theme:
I was the last person in the world to join Instagram:
Kat and I began our Twinsies series:
And finally I put together the Brasilia dress envelope for Rachel of House of Pinheiro:
Overall in 2013 I enjoyed my sewing much more than I ever have.
My favourite three projects were: Butterick 4790, Le Wise La Sylphide and my 1st BHL Anna…all dresses, funny that… ;)
How about 2014?
Firstly I should probably pledge to post by re-sew-lutions at the start of the new year…not one month into it ;)
- More fun sewing
- More Twisies (and Triplets and Quadruplets etc!)
- Keep it awesome at The Monthly stitch
- The WSBN are entering a team into the Wellington Colour Run!
- More cross-stitch
- MORE DRESSES because dresses are awesome.
- Try to make a some underwear: Underpants, a bra, maybe try a corset?
- RNHS (Requested Nerdy Husband Sewing): While cruising about my blog NH discovered my wardrobe page. After reading every RNHS post of 2012 he declared that he did not featured enough in 2013 – For 2014 he has requested more merinos, a hoodie and that I try making a business shirt based on his favourite French cuffed shirt. If the shirt is successful, trousers may be next on the cards.
- Decorate my sewing room:
I have started already with my Fashionary postcards by Vita Yang
- Continue to sew from the stash but I make no promides in regards to not buying more, I have no stash guilt ;)
On top of all that I have joined the RTW Fasters:
“In 2014 I pledge to refrain from buying ALL outerwear, dresses, tops, pants, shorts, sweaters, coats, exercise clothes, jeans and bathing suits. Shoes, socks and underwear are permitted.”
I’m really glad they included the bit about shoes not being included ;)
Happy New Year!