Click here for a list of Blogs I❤ to Stalk.
Below are a few of the websites I frequent, other than sewing blogs. It is by no means a complete list and I’ll be slowly adding to it as I remember/re-visit sites.
Pattern, fabric and notion websites are only listed if I have purchased from them personally (unless otherwise noted with an *).
I hate page lists with broken links too so please use the contact form below to notify me of any.
I am sure this list will be under constant revision so remember to check back every now and again.
Sewing Patterns (envelope & downloadable):
- Dresses & Me – “Modern boutique patterns – for lovers of sewing”, NZ based, specialising in indie patterns
- Pattern Postie – Stocking all major pattern brands, huge OOP range, current & back issues of Ottobre & Burdastyle, NZ based
- BurdaStyle – Downloadable patterns from BurdaStyle and selected patterns from BurdaStyle magazines
- Sewingpatterns.com – The “Big 4”, Burda, Neue Mode, Kwik Sew, Hot Patterns, New Look, La Fred, Brown Paper and many independent brands. Regular sales, envelope & downloadable patterns (via PrintSew.com)
- Vogue, Butterick & McCalls (also Kwik Sew)- Envelope patterns, join the mailing list to get notifications for new patterns and sales
- Simplicity – Also sells New Look and BurdaStyle envelope patterns, some downloadable patterns available. Postage for international orders is ridiculous, buy from sewingpatterns.com when they have a sale instead.
- Colette Patterns – Amazing independent envelope patterns, super cute, beautifully packaged. Newer patterns available in downloadable format, older patterns will be uploaded soon.
- Sewaholic Patterns – “Sewing patterns for the modern seamstress”
- Deer & Doe – “Pretty Sewing Patterns”
- Sew Daily/Stitch – e-Magazines, e-Patterns and Books
- Papercut Patterns – Beautiful & sustainable envelope sewing patterns – Designed and made in New Zealand
- Lekala – Individually sized downloadable patterns in your measurements as well as standard sizing
- Eliza M Vintage Style Sewing – Vintage inspired sewing patterns*
- A Good Wardrobe Independent Pattern Designers List
- Curls n Skirls Independent Patter Designers List
Free Downloadable Sewing Patterns:
- BurdaStyle – The few remaining free downloadable patterns by BurdaStyle and some from BurdaStyle Magazine
- BurdaStyle (Member Patterns) – Link to free patterns uploaded by members of BurdaStyle
- BurdaStyle German Site – In German, you have to sort of follow your nose and you “purchase” the free patterns (for $0), just keep clicking through, you’ll get them in the end😉
- Your Style Rocks – Fairly new sewing site, member inspired patterns, regular competitions, free pdf downloads in all sizes A0 or A4
- Peppermint Magazine Sewing School – A new free pattern each month!
- Bernina – A few free dress patterns and instructions
- Modern Sewing Patterns – aka M-Sewing
- PrintSew.com (Click on the ‘Free Patterns’ link at the top)
- Manequim – Selected Manequim patterns (Portuguese)
- Osinka – An “Internet Magazine” in Russian
- Sew Daily – Free ePatterns & projects
- Ralph Pink – Free patterns in PDF format, most in size 10
- Lekala – Occasionally allow free downloading of their patterns in a fixed size (approximately Burda 44 equivalent)
- Papavero – Polish sewing community page with lots of free and interesting patterns. After you make an account you can translate the page to English and download the patterns in multiple sizes
Vintage Sewing Machines (Identification & Manuals):
Please refer to my Vintage Machines Page.
- Hawes & Freer Ltd – NZ based supplier of fusible interlining, linings, fabrics, Italian buttons, zips, shoulder pads, pocketing and more!
- Lots of Buttons – Just like the name says! Great quantity discounts and free international shipping for orders over $25. Read about my first order experience here.
- Gone Sewing – Sewing machine feet and other notions, excellent service, huge range, fast delivery, cheap postage (free if you spend USD$120)
- Fantasy Labels – Woven name tapes & designer labels (Australian based)
- Nancy’s Notions – Great notions much cheaper than in the stores but check the shipping rates before you order
- Tessuti – Based in Melbourne – beautiful quality fabrics and a great source for books as well
- KimoYES – Vintage Japanese fabrics – Kimono, yukata, obi, remnants & more
- Spoonflower – Design your own fabric or use one of the many uploaded prints
- Pattern School – Stretch-fit pattern making, swimsuits etc, all free
- VintageSewing.Info – Free online access to public domain sewing books
- Evernote – Free database type software – read my gushing fan-girl essay here (update: The Android app is amazing!)
- Pattern Making Calculator – Calculator with all the fractions and sewing formulas you could ever want
- Gimp – Photoshop equivalent for Windows- see what you can do with the Gimp software here.
- Fashionary – Fashion Sketch Book
- Fashionary Templates – Downloadable Men’s & Women’s
- Threads Croquis Family
Last page update: 26 June 2013